This page can be found on the web at http://webtools2.environment.ucla.edu/article-southeastasia.asp?parentid=111804
To print this page, select "Print" from the File menu of your browser.
Information and communications technology minister says a panel has also been established to trace origin of controversial audio clip
Friday, August 28, 2009
The website that released the audio clip in which Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva allegedly orders the use of force against red-shirt demonstrators over Songkran has been shut down, Information and Communications Technology Minister Ranongrak Suwanchawee said on Friday morning.
Mrs Ranongrak said she had ordered the closure of the website and an inquiry panel was set up to trace the origin of the controversial sound clip.
When asked whether it was an edited clip, the ICT minister said it is the responsibility of forensic science officials to find out.
She stressed that stringent legal action under the computer crime law will be taken against all those who forwarded the email containing the audio track.
The prime minister has insisted he never issued such an order and that the voice clip had been altered by "ill-intentioned people" to put the government in a bad light.
Date Posted: 8/28/2009
© 2014. The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.